Where do I get the material for a Châtelaine Design?
- You can either download the material list from the designs page and kit up yourself or you can purchase a material kit from European Crosstitch.
- Above this, you can have a look at the List of Suppliers outside the USA. Inclusion on this list does not imply endorsement by Chatelaine Designs. This list was created as a convenience for those looking for materials for their Chatelaine projects who prefer to source locally.
I did not receive my file, what can I do?
- First: Please make sure you used a correct E-Mail Adress. Really. Weirdest things can happen typing. Second please check your Spam folder for your Purchase Receipt. If you still can’t find it please log in to your Account and see if it is listed there. You can download it from your page directly.
I can not open my downloaded file, what can I do?
- Make sure to always download your file to a stationary PC first. From there, you can copy it to every place you like.
- Is your pdf-reader updated? If it
donesnot work, try an otherfree reader of your choice – this can help especially (but not only) for MAC users.
- Also, try using a different Browser for downloading, for unknown reasons some browsers can cause this problem.
- Did you download with a weak internet connection? This may cause the file to be damaged, try again with stronger internet (if you reached your download limit, let me know).
- Still no solution in sight? please write me an email to email@example.com
I opened my pdf and it looks far to tiny, what can I do?
- Your digital file can be enlarged up to 600% with the zoom feature. If you plan to stitch from your device or computer screen, you should have no difficulty using the enlarging tools in your software or app. A large number of stitchers do stitch directly from their mobile device or tablet, and many use the highlighting functions within the app as they stitch. If you prefer to print your working copy from the PDF, you can use the “Snapshot” feature in the free Adobe Reader to mark an area you want to print. Once you’ve selected the area to print, check the box in the print menu to print the selected graphics and fit to page. You may need to experiment with the print preview to identify whether portrait or landscape orientation is best. You can continue to do this in as many pieces as you need to print your chart. Do be sure to note where you have printed overlapping areas. Note that this method will not necessarily result in areas that are all the same size and could be taped together for stitching as one large chart.
Can I also pay with credit card?
- Not directly, on this website you can only use PayPal, for you it is free and transactions with Châtelaine are free of charge. But it is possible to connect PayPal with your Credit Card, maybe this is an option for you.
I can’t read a symbol/am not sure about instructions/have a general stitching-related question.
- Since I am not a stitcher myself, the help I can provide on this is under some limitations. In this case, I would like to recommend you to go to the Support Group on Facebook where you sure will get the help you need. If you aren’t a member yet please make sure to answer the mandatory questions when you join. This way we avoid spam and make sure only Châtlainers like you join.
- I also highly
reccomnda visit atthe wonderful page Châtelaine Gallery – you find there lots of knowledge and inspiration!
Can I return a cart or resell it?
- No. After download, you can not give the chart back and be refunded. Nor are you allowed to sell/share the PDF or printouts or any kind of copies to a third party. You can also read the Terms and Conditions on this.
I am a shop owner and would like to sell Châtelaine Designs as paper charts. Do you have a distributor?
- That’s wonderful and yes, you can contact my distributor Kathy Filosi here.
Can I see how the design looks like on different backgrounds/fabrics?
- Sure, either this feature is activated on the designs page or for a more detailed preview you can visit Danas Fabric Viewer!